Looking for the best bed rest pillows? If you are, then you’ve come to the right place.
Before we go on, though, we want to remind you that we wrote this article back in 2016 when we published our first eBook. The content has not been updated in any way, shape, or form. However, the products mentioned on the list continue to be some of the best.
Since it’s the Internet, the same applies for the links included in the article. If the product isn’t available anymore, they will be removed in the next few days.
|Milliard Reading Pillow||Best Overall|
|Red Nomad Reading Pillow Shredded Foam||Budget Pick|
|ZOEMO Bed Rest Reading Pillow||Upgrade Pick|
1. Milliard Reading Pillow
- Soft, huggable, and comfy
- Great for reading
- Easy to clean
- Fantastic customer support
- The filling does get manipulated by movement, but it’s not a big deal
- The filling isn’t as durable as the cover
This affordable reading and bed rest pillow is made for you to lounge on your sofa and read a book. It’s 18 inches wide by 15 inches tall and made from a high quality 500 threadcount spandex material that is soft, cozy, and machine washable … which is a huge plus. The cover is made from a mix of polyester and Lycra, while the filling consists of shredded memory foam.
The pillow comes with a removable cover that can be taken off and washed in a washing machine. However, you need to be gentle with it as the cover is the pillow’s most expensive element and the least durable. It’s also recommended that you deal with the filling with care as it can’t tolerate rough handling.
This pillow is great for reading, and it’s also a perfect chair back rest for gaming or as a lumbar support pillow on the long car rides.
2. ZOEMO Bed Rest Reading Pillow
- Large size
- You can sit cross-legged, stomach, on your side, and any other sitting position
- Decent padding, not too much and not too little
- The price
- Available in blue, grey, or pink
- The arm rests are not very comfortable
- If you have arthritis or joint pain, the armrests may not be the best for you
This reading pillow really stands out from the competition. It’s made of a soft microfiber velvet material with plenty of neck and back support. The neck roll feature makes it suitable for sitting in a lot of positions.
The arm rests are made of memory foam and are very comfortable. You can bend them to your preferred position and they will keep that position. At the same time, the arm rests are soft and comfortable, so even sleepers with joint pain or arthritis can use them while laying on their side.
The cool thing about the 60x40x10cm (23.6x16x3.9in) pillow is that it comes with a free carry bag to help keep it clean and organized. This is a great pillow if you know you’re going to be staying in the same position for a long time.
3. Husband Pillow
- Size and color are highly adjustable
- Extremely comfortable
- Keeps the spine in place while you rest
- Removable bungee fits many shoulder lines and is adjustable
- Comes in two colors and two sizes for a customized fit and comfort
- Removable covers for easy cleaning
- You can change the height and shape of the pillow after purchasing
- Comfortable and doesn’t move around
- Provides a good support for the head without having to worry about your neck
- If you experience pain and/or stiffness in the neck or shoulder, should definitely try this support pillow
4. LINENSPA Shredded Foam Pillow Perfect
- Easy to use
- Comfortable material and adjustable size
If you’re sick and tired of your satin pillows that keep sliding off the bed when you lie down, perhaps it’s time you turned to the LINENSPA shredded foam pillow.
It is made of a high-quality material—something that you can’t really say about your regular type of pillows. Created with a top-notch design, these foam pillows for reading and relaxing are capable of providing your spine with superb comfort, despite being so thin.
What’s even better is that you can adjust the size of the pillow, so it will match your specific needs. It can be used as a lumbar support pillow for your neck and back, but you can also use it to support your head while you’re lying down.
5. Husband Pillow
- Well-constructed and durable
- Great customer service
- Comes with cover that is easy to remove, wash, and replace
- Great for both reading and laying down
- Generous size
- It’s not a very “resting” pillow
- The design may not be to everyone’s liking
- The shell is a bit flimsy
(Standard or Firm)
No other pillow we reviewed was designed to carry out such a diverse range of tasks to the same high standard of effectiveness. If you want to use your pillow for reading, its uniquely designed shell will allow you to prop it up at an ideal angle, and you can adjust the neck roll as well as the length of its arms. The design is so flexible that it can be used as a regular lying down pillow as well.
This Husband pillow, as the name implies, is much larger than most other reading pillows we reviewed. The reason for this is that it can also be used for long naps, so it needs greater length and width to accommodate your head and shoulders.
6. Brentwood 557 Corduroy Bedrest
- Nice corduroy fabric
- Very comfortable
- Supportive and durable
- Fits the bill perfectly
- The pillows are quite firm
- One reviewer said that the bedrest didn’t seem to be very well constructed
The Brentwood 557 Corduroy Bedrest is a beautiful and versatile multi-purpose pillow that can be used for many different purposes. It is made from a combination of high-quality materials such as corduroy and filled with hypoallergenic polyester fiberfill.
The cover is also removable and washable, and the pillow itself comes with a tight zipper and soft fabric that will both protect your skin while shielding you from the cold.
This bedrest is made to be flexible enough to be used by a variety of people in a variety of situations. It can be used to help you fall asleep faster, or it can be used to help support your back if you’re reading or on the computer.
7. Post Surgery Elevating Leg Rest Pillow
- Great for a number of post-surgical applications
- Ideal to prevent and relieve back, hip, neck, and shoulder pain
- Breathable and washable cover
- Affordable compared to other similar products
- Zipper is not very sturdy
- Straps are not the most generous size
As the name suggests, this is a home and travel-friendly bed rest pillow that gives you plenty of comfort, relief, and convenience. It’s perfect for the times when your body needs some rest. Its soft cover is very comfortable and the memory foam layer ensures that you don’t feel uncomfortable while you’re lying down.
This bed rest can also help relieve pain and swelling in the feet and legs, which makes it great for people with injuries or recovering from operations. The product is particularly useful to people who are suffering from back, hip, and knee pain, and can be particularly helpful for improving posture while sleeping.
A lot of customers have also been using the pillow for neck and shoulder pain relief. They can be used for a lot of post-surgical applications like neuralgia, muscle injuries, surgeries, injuries, or recovery.
8. mittaGonG Shredded Foam Reading Pillow
- Double reinforced stitching
- Zipper closure
- Washable removable fabric cover
- One-year warranty
- Doesn’t come with a pillowcase with pillow
- Not suitable for tall individuals; probably works best for people under 5’7”
Just based on the product name you can already tell that this pillow is going to be a blast. MittaGonG has created a unique reading pillow that fits any body type and body size. For those who need a bit of extra support while reading, reading pillows like this one are a blessing.
The unique design makes it easy to read in bed while supporting your head, neck, back and shoulders at the same time. Plus, it has a special neck roll, which will keep things tight and snug, and help you relax even on days when you’re not able to go out for some sunbathing.
The only part that you won’t find with this product is a pillow case, but you can purchase one separately from pretty much any other brand. Overall, it’s a great set, and it’s perfect for anyone who’s looking for a bit of extra support while enjoying their favorite shows and reading a good book.
9. Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow
- Provides relief from hip, shoulder, back, and neck pain
- Great pillow for side sleepers
- Can help improve blood circulation
- Can ease digestion and promote better blood flow
- Can be used for nursing and feeding
- Gives relief from acid reflux and heartburn
- The cover is removable and washable
- The wedge itself is infused with shredded memory foam
- Can correctly align your spine
- The 1.5 inch memory foam topper feels incredibly soft
- Might feel a bit like hard plastic at first
- Does not come with a tool to measure the amount of foam you want to put in, so you’ll have to experiment.
- Might be too firm for some
- Offers slight scooting when in use
With a soft memory foam 20-inch square base and 1.5-inch memory foam topper, our bed wedge pillow is like sleeping in heaven. Not only is it going to reduce the pain that you are experiencing in your neck, shoulder, back, hip or leg but it is also going to make you feel so much better.
10. mittaGonG Shredded Foam Backrest Reading Pillow
- Adjustable insert allows you to position the pillow simply
- The antimicrobial microsuede cover is machine washable and is quite hardy; can resist tears, dog claws, and spills
- The comfortable ergonomic design provides adequate support for reading
- Compresses the spine to alleviate back pain
- You can choose to remove the insert completely or use it inside the cover if you want
- Can be used on the back, side, and even the front
- Even if you read a lot and suffer from back pain, there’s no need to stop reading. With the mittaGonG you can lie back and enjoy extended reading sessions and more enjoyable time on the couch
- Great for travel as well as a guest bed
- The zippers are very high-quality
- Back height is adjustable so you can tinker with it until you find the optimum position for reading
11. Red Nomad Reading Pillow Shredded Foam
- Has a cup holder
- Hours of reading and typing in the lap
- Not too hot
- Great value for the price
- Smells after a few days that goes away
- Wires on the inside of the pillow
- A bit narrow for long torso
- Limbs can’t be adjusted
The Red Nomad reading pillow features a backrest shaped arm that is designed to be a comfortable additional support to the upper body. It’s perfect for reading, writing, typing or even watching TV for hours.
You can use this pillow both in your home and while traveling – whether in the airplane, train, bus or train or on a car trip.
You can even use this reading cushion when going to the beach or outside and reading on a hammock. It’s also great for use in the office when you want to look professional with a backrest to support your back and arms. This is also a wonderful gift to someone who is doing a lot of reading.
12. Brentwood Originals 1957 Shagalisciuos Bedrest
- Cloud-like feel
- Compact and portable
- Easily washable and dryable
- Exterior material attracts lint and hair
- Though marketed as a bedrest, it might be too stiff for that
Many of us face back problems, arm fatigue, and other issues after spending a long day at work or watching TV. Luckily, there are some great accessories to help alleviate all those day-to-day pains. Brentwood Originals, for example, has a super comfy, well-designed bedrest pillow that’s perfect for long periods of reading, reclining, or relaxing.
Made using microfiber, the Brentwood Bedrest pillow’s material is soft and velvety to the touch; it’s also tightly-woven, so the pillow doesn’t flake easily. This makes it perfect for lounging on your couch on a Sunday morning, or reading a novel for a long period of time without developing your neck or back pain. It’s also firm enough for you to use as a headrest when you’re looking to relax post-shower.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best bed rest pillow?
These pillows have several names including side sleeper pillows, reading pillows, and propped pillows. They are a designed pillow with a shape to create a platform for your head to rest comfortably on. The structure creates a small gap between your head and the headboard.
The gap is between two and four inches wide. The gap allows you to rest your head comfortably and read in bed. It offers you the opportunity to rest your head against the headboard. The pillow can also be used for watching TV.
The bed rest pillow is very useful for people that spend a good portion of their lives in bed. For example, bedrest pillows have proven to be especially useful for pregnant women. These pillows take pressure off of the pregnant woman’s back.
What is the best reading pillow?
In this review, I will review some of the best reading and lounging pillows on the market. Staying comfortable is always high priority. The best reading pillow is simply a tool that provides optimal comfort reading.
When you read or watch TV, your body rests more on one side. Logically adding a comfortable support pillow will make it more comfortable. We spend more than 1/3 of our live sleeping, so every single item in bed should be consistent with sleeping, such as using sheets and pillows.
The Best Bed Rest Pillow for Reading: 10 Best Pillows for 2019
Here we go.
If you have a bed post, it is best to use a pillow that has a strong cushion or support ability. It can hold the head and back the body. Memory foam pillow can provide soft, elastic support which can return to its original shape immediately after taking the pressure off. The thickness of the foam depends on the use.
What are the best pillows for a bad back?
If you have a bad back, finding the best bed rest pillow for you is one of the toughest parts of your healing journey. They can be an essential tool in helping you be healthier and more comfortable. Not to mention they can be beneficial to your sleeping habits, too.
A good bed rest pillow can be your new support system.
In order to find the best back pain relief pillow, you need to first understand how they work. You need to know what your body needs from both a support system and an ergonomic standpoint.
In order to get the most pain relief, you need to keep your spine in alignment. Any type of misalignment, such as severe curvature of your spine, can lead to pain and discomfort. In order to straighten your back out, you need to support your whole back. This can be hard to do without the right type of pillow.
How can I read comfortably in bed?
If you are like me, you often find your eyes getting a little tired while reading while laying in bed. Sometimes, whether it’s the glare from your bedside lamp or your situation, reading in bed can be more tiring than relaxing.
To read in bed without laying awkwardly, you simply need to prop yourself up with one of these easy bed rest pillows! Simply choose the one best suited for your place of rest and you should be good to go!
Are reading and relaxing an addiction of yours? Earlier, you didn’t have a lot of options to comfortably read books while lying down, resting or relaxing. The bed rest pillow provided by the late 1960s was a revolutionary product that has made the lives of many lovers of books so much easier.
We researched thoroughly to find the best bed rest pillow in 2021 as there can be a lot of variation in the comfort and satisfaction provided by these pillows. So, it is essential to read our detailed review of the 10 best bed rest pillows to make an informed purchasing decision.
|Milliard Reading Pillow||Best Overall|
|Red Nomad Reading Pillow Shredded Foam||Budget Pick|
|ZOEMO Bed Rest Reading Pillow||Upgrade Pick|