Do you have a hardwood floor at home? Then you probably know how much of a pain vacuuming is. One has to spend each day just cleaning up the dust and other debris.
Or is it? With the best broom for hardwood floors, handling daily chores is as simple as it can get.
Here are 10 reviews we’ve handpicked from our selection of best brooms for hardwood floors buying guides. These products will help you find the most suitable broom that will not only clean your floors, but make them shine.
|18" Professional Microfiber Mop||Best Overall|
|FURemover Broom||Budget Pick|
|E-Cloth Deep Clean Mop||Upgrade Pick|
1. 18" Professional Microfiber Mop
- The microfiber pads are soft and washable; can be used on all kinds of hard surface floors
- The handle is adjustable for any angle to suit your needs
- It's a genuine value with an introductory price
- The pads can be adjusted a little to get just the right height
- Excellent customer service
Mops can be very hazardous to your hardwood floors when you don't use anything to buffer them. Their weight alone can be a problem, but when you add water to them …and that's what you do to mop … you can create a slipping hazard if the floor isn’t smooth.
Buffing mops have a cotton cloth pad that is great for drying, fine dusting, and to buff light-duty stains. They come in all shapes and sizes, but the first thing you have to do is figure out which friction rating works for you. Friction rating is determined by the amount of fiber in the cloth. The lowest rating has no fibers and is reserved for finish carpets and the highest rating has very thick fibers. Most people will be using the moderate friction.
2. MR.SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop
- Great for hardwood floors
- Reusable mop pads
- Easy to assemble and use
- Very lightweight
- Sturdy telescopic handle
- Convenient storage
- Quite expensive
- Takes a while to dry (but that’s just the nature of microfiber pads)
The first thing you’ll notice about this mop is how compact and lightweight it is. This means it’s surprisingly easy to store and carry around too.
As for assembling, it’s a straightforward process – it comes in three pieces: the mop head with microfiber pads, the top with a telescopic handle, and the bottom. All you have to do is slip the top onto the bottom, pair it with the mop head, and you’re good to go. There’s a simple button to lock the telescopic handle in each position, so it doesn’t retract on you.
3. E-Cloth Deep Clean Mop
- The microfiber on the mop is sturdy, soft, and thick
- The mop includes a smooth microfiber pad that can be used for washing or scrubbing
- The telescoping handle is sturdy and adjusts to several height settings
- The mop can be used for cleaning both hard and soft surfaces
- Converts from a mop to a dusting sheet, and back again, with ease
- The mop is available in three sizes – small, medium, and large
- The mop is machine washable
E-Cloth’s deep cleaning European mop is both effective and ideal for hardwood flooring. The mop is made of microfiber cloth, which is ideal for hardwood flooring because it’s gentle, yet tough enough to pick up dirt or stains easily.
The mop itself is very versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. For example, you can use it as a broom with the microfiber pad flipped over, or you can attach the microfiber pad to the mop and deep clean your floors.
4. TreeLen Broom and Dustpan/Broom
- The broom and dust pan are a great combo set
- The broom is durable and easy to use
- The dust pan is a great size
- A well-designed broom
- A few customers have reported some issues with the shipping
- Length can be an issue for some customers
The TreeLen broom is great for cleaning up any mess on indoor hardwood or tile floors. It’s made of natural broom straws with a plastic handle that is thick and sturdy. With that said, it is a bit on the shorter side, which makes it ill-suited for taller people. That aside, its handle length is optimized for indoor cleaning.
It was made to enhance your cleaning experience and make it as easy as possible. With this broom, you can easily get under a coffee table or your couch and knock down all the dust and crumbs. Best of all, you can easily sweep and clean up messes without any elbow grease!
The broom bristles are thick and strong with a nice fine-point tip on them. They’re strong enough to get stuff like dust, pet hair, and crumbs out from under your couch and tables. You can sweep/clean hardwood floors quickly without having to pause to clean up mess after mess.
5. FURemover Broom
- Awesome product
- Lightweight and well made
- Good in price
- Little short
- Help you keep the floor clean and tidy, no mess comes close to this. This broom will change your life.
FURemover is the exclusive product of FURemover that is designed to capture pet hair and dirt from your hardwood floors.
It has a heavy duty nylon bristles, it does not damage your hardwood floors and does little harm to your bare feet.
Its design is very flexible to sweep day-to-day mess from hardwood floors, carpet, stairs, vehicle interior, and even your fur coat or sweater.
6. JINCLEAN 18" Microfiber Floor Mop
- The handle has a 360 degree swivel head
- High quality and durable
- The microfiber mop pads are machine washable
- Very easy-to-use/store
The JINCLEAN hardwood floor mop is a modern and innovative product brought to you by JINCLEAN. It is easy to use and very easy to store, thanks to its lightweight design and the fact that you can fold it down flat. It is made of aluminum and has thick bristles to make it very sturdy.
This product is perfect for hardwood floors, tile floors, and laminate floors. The aluminum pole is adjustable, so it will give you easy access to any part of the home you want to clean.
7. O-Cedar Power Corner Large Angle Broom
- Lightweight – only weighs about 5 pounds, which is ideal for cleaning high-up places
- Wide broom head (6-1/2 inches) cleans a lot of floor at once
- Gets corners easily
Removing dust and dirt from corners can be a big hassle because none of the brooms on the market are long enough to reach the hard-to-reach corners. This is why we recommend the O-Cedar Power Corner Large Angle Broom.
Your home has a lot of corners, which are difficult to reach with just a dustpan and broom, so the Power Corner gets as close to the walls as possible for a complete clean.
The Power Corner has a large head made from a durable synthetic material. It has a 24-inch long handle with a sturdy grip for easy maneuvering, and the material is made to resist moisture. It can stand up to heavy use on all floor types. Plus, it’s lightweight and easy to use.
8. LandHope Push Broom Long Handle Rubber Bristles Sweeper Squeegee Edge 54 inches Non Scratch Bristle Broom
- Fits in small spaces – great for cleaning hard to reach spots with precision
- Non-slip handles keep the broom upright for easy storage
- Great for hard-surface floors like wood, tile, and stone
- Removes hair, dirt, and dust from your floors with ease
- Works great for removing pet hair from not only your hardwood floors but your rugs, furniture, cars, and more
- Corner edge bristles help collect dust at the tips
- Rubber bristles won’t scratch your floors while collecting dirt, dust, and hair
- Lightweight yet sturdy construction
- Telescopic handle extends to 5-feet, making it easy to reach high corners, ceilings, and hard-to-reach places
- Doesn’t work well for kneeling or sitting
- The hand grips are a bit small if you have large hands
The LandHope Push Broom is one of the best hardwood floor sweepers you can find on the market, according to reviews. It’s a lightweight water-resistant telescopic broom with soft rubber-coated bristles, perfect for cleaning hardwood floors and rugs.
9. LINKYO Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
- Cleans hardwood and laminate floors well
- The pads fit well
- The extendable handle gives great maneuverability
- The microfibers are very good
- The long handle lets you reach far
- The pole is a bit short
- The mop isn’t really heavy
- Takes some getting used to
If you don’t want to do much work mopping your floors, this is the solution for you. It works kind of like a standard push mop with a microfiber head. Thread the head right on the pole, and you are ready to go. The microfiber pads are detachable and washable, so you don’t have to worry about getting them too dirty for cleaning.
The mop sets up in seconds so you are ready to start cleaning. The pole acts as the handle and the base for the extension. The kit comes with the pole, plain tips, a set of microfibre pads, and a mop head that you attach to the pole.
The kit also includes a microfiber washing cloth that you can use to clean the hands-free mop.
10. BISSELL Smart Details Hardwood upright WIde Floor push broom
- Attachments can be changed using a simple button
- Mop head heats up, dries and sweeps
- Has clean and dirty bins
- Gets into corners with a small shape
This multi-purpose broom is made to clean different floor types, from hardwood to carpet and tile. The broom scrubs edge to edge, which means it can sweep under cabinets, beds, and tables. The head of the broom heats up as well, so that it dries as it sweeps.
The conditioner pad cleans and sanitizes wood. There is a special buffer pad, meant to shine hardwood floors, and two micro brushes that clean deep into corners and around other obstacles. All the attachments are removed and reattached using the buttons on the body of the broom.
Some users have reported the attachments breaking after using the broom for a few months. Also, the pad that heats up takes a while to heat up, so you might not get a lot of use out of it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best broom for hardwood floors?
Hardwood are one of the types most desired flooring for your home. It will add elegance and style to your living room without going broke because of its low price. But you need to have a reliable broom that can sweep away all the dust on the surface of the hardwood or even carpet.
If you don't have a cleaning solutions such as blower or vacuum cleaner, a broom can be the best solution for you to keep the dust under control.
Shopping for a broom can be tricky, especially for this specific purpose because unlike common brooms, hardwood brooms need to match both the style and the material of the flooring.
So let's try to make this shopping easier by helping you to check out the best broom for hardwood floors to help you with your cleaning day to day.
What color hardwood floor is best for resale?
There are no hard, fast rules on which color hardwood floor is best for resale. That said, you do want to choose a floor that is complimentary to your other home elements.
To give you a better idea, here are some color trends to consider.
What is the best thing to sweep wood floors with?
Each broom we have listed has their own strong points as well as detriments. If you are looking for a more thorough- but inexpensive – brush to clean your hardwood floors, then the first option is one you should look at. However, if you are looking for a budget option to clean the floor and you need to clean large areas, then the last option is probably best for you.
Cleaning your hardwood floors is a difficult job, though. Most of us do not have the time necessary to get the job done well. After cleaning the floors, you have to see if they looked clean or not, thus making the job harder.
We have listed the 10 best Brooms for hardwood floors, though, and they are all good in different ways and can help you clean the floors in an effective manner.
What is the best broom to buy?
The best broom to buy is always the one that suits your individual cleaning, sweeping, or mopping needs.
The bristles on a broom are important because it will be the first point of contact with any floor you sweep or mop. Also, because your broom will be subject to wear and tear, the material your bristles are made from will have an impact in its effectiveness.
Hair is a pretty obvious choice for bristles because it is the most natural and what is used in most brooms currently on the market. Natural bristles will work for most needs, but can become wet and limp when wet.
Another type of bristle you might come across is synthetic. These bristles will work well for any dry sweeping situation.
The final kind of bristles to choose, the silk bristles, are definitely the most durable, and the hardest on floors.
Another thing to keep in mind is the way your broom is constructed.
While sweeping is a chore, it’s also a job that you just can’t get around doing. At least it’s still something easy to do that you don’t mind, right? But if your home is filled with hardwood floors, then you know that sweeping can be dangerous.
You can get a different broom that’s meant for hardwood floors, and we hope that this guide helps you choose the best hardwood floor broom.
|18" Professional Microfiber Mop||Best Overall|
|FURemover Broom||Budget Pick|
|E-Cloth Deep Clean Mop||Upgrade Pick|