Attractive and functional, farmhouse sinks are a timeless classic. Suitable for modern and traditional bathrooms, they come in cast iron, steel, and fireclay.
Even though a farmhouse sink in itself is a great purchase, buyers often first have to make a choice of material. What’s the actual difference between cast iron, steel, and fireclay farmhouse sinks? Which is the best choice? Do they come with any advantages or disadvantages?
We’ve gathered together 10 great models of fireclay farmhouse sinks. In this article, you can learn about the material, see how great-looking sinks in other materials look like, and decide which fireclay farmhouse sink is best for you.
1. BOCCHI 1138-025-0120 Classico Apron Front Fireclay 30 in. Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 11-gauge fireclay – fully glazed and vitrified
- Multiple sizes
- Hard-rubber construction, tough enough for years of daily use
- 50-year limited warranty
- 11 colors to choose from
- A single water drain
- Mild fading with chipping
- Scratches easily
If you’re looking for an apron farmhouse sink in matte brown, this matte brown fireclay sink is exquisite.
It has impressive dimensions of 29.42 x 20.08 x 8.27 inches, so you’ll have a lot of space to wash, dry, and store dirty dishes.
It’s an excellent choice for a high-end remodel or even a new construction.
2. LUXURY 33 inch Modern Farmhouse Ultra-Fine Fireclay Kitchen Sink in White
- Beautiful design with the perfect farmhouse feel
- Magnetic grids for hands-free drainage
- Easy to clean
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Easy to install
Looking for a unique farmhouse sink? Look no further.
The LUXURY 33 inch Modern Farmhouse Ultra-Fine Fireclay kitchen sink in white is going to be your perfect pick. We love the modern look combined with the beautiful grate to stir up your creativity in the kitchen.
The vibrant white color is guaranteed to brighten up your kitchen. It goes well with any decorating style and is perfect for that extra little pop.
3. Houzer PTG-4300 WH Apron-Front Fireclay Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 100 percent American made
- Carefully crafted to exacting standards
- 100 Percent quartz product; nothing less
- Available in 33, 34, and 35-inch
- Compliant with ADA standards
- 36-month warranty
- Lifetime of service warranty
- 1-year price guarantee
- Compliant with CSA specifications
- Available in white, almond, strawberry, brick red, ivory, and black
- Some users complain about the amount of time it takes to install
- Some of the sink’s included accessories feel flimsy
The PTG-4300 is our top recommendation on our list of kitchen sinks. Based in Monroe, Michigan, USA, Houzer has been manufacturing high quality sinks since the 1930s. Houzer’s quartz products are completely made in USA and their people are the most important part of their manufacturing process. Houzer has made their manufacturing plant clean and green certified and strives to make sure that it’s environmentally friendly.
4. Latoscana 33" Reversible Fireclay Farmhouse Sink LFS3318W
- Fireclay drum design with earthenware finish
- Rustic look with a clean and simple design
- 100% American made
- Smaller size means it is easy to place anywhere in your kitchen or bathroom
- Comes with side deck construction
- Large basin….but not too big
- Resistant to heat and staining
- Resistant to acid
- Can stain easily
- Faucet included only has a side sprayer
- Self-stud brackets are weak
5. Barkano 33" Single Bowl White Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- 100% vitreous china
- Really wide apron
- Slip resistant base
- Quick and easy to install
- Very durable, highly resistant to chips and cracks.
- All purpose sink, suitable for daily use.
- Won’t crack, fade or blister
- Easy to use because of the smooth finish
- Does not require much maintenance
- Easy to clean
- Can chip or crack if treated badly.
- The sink is a little slippery
- Slight inconsistency in the color
- The sink is a little pricey
- Not durable, will develop chips and cracks after a while
The barkano kitchen sink has a lot of good qualities that make it a great fit in a kitchen. Its 33inches single bowl design is preferable for many homeowners because is large enough to make it perfect for most occasions. It also has a non slip deck, tight joints, and a very smooth finish.
The apron is wide enough to make it easy to fit most faucets. The rubber trim that surrounds the sink’s exterior is not adhesive, so it can easily be removed if necessary. The apron has the right amount of lip to make sure that the sink doesn’t leak.
6. Regallo AUTHENTIC FIRECLAY Kitchen Sink Reversible 30" Farm Sink by MOCCOA
- Uncompromising craftsmanship
- Deluxe ultra-white glaze
- Convenient to install
The Regallo Authentic Fireclay sink is an excellent option for anyone trying to find a well-made, high-end fireclay sink at a reasonable price. This sink is advertised as being formed by hand in the traditional way – meaning a human uses their hands to mold the clay into shape instead of molds, which helps make it more durable and long-lasting.
In addition, the concrete finish gives it a beautiful unique look without being too glitzy or gaudy. It’s pozzolanic and ultra-white finish is also reinforced by having a triple coater application.
According to reviews, it’s also relatively easy to install. Simply wipe the sink and base before you install it, then just use the templates that come with the sink to make sure you get everything centered before beginning the installation process. Also make sure you measure twice before cutting or drilling your holes. This will ensure the measurements are accurate and will make installation easier.
7. LUXURY 33 inch Modern Farmhouse Ultra-Fine Fireclay Kitchen Sink in White
Drain hole: 1-1/2 & up to 1-1/4" standard drain hole
Do not use a meaty bowl brush, as it will scratch the surface slightly.
Fireclay, 100% free of heavy metals such as Lead, Cadmium, and Mercury.
8. Ruvati 33 x 20 inch Fireclay Reversible Farmhouse Apron-Front Kitchen Sink Single Bowl
- Premium materials
- Elegant fireclay construction, which is resistant to chipping, cracking, and burning
- Incredible 5 years warranty
- Great value for the price
- Faucet holes are not standard
- Installation requires expert assistance
This is the top-rated RVL2300WH Single Bowl Fireclay Reversible Farmhouse Sink made by a popular manufacturer, Ruvati.
It features a large 33 x 20 inches single bowl and offers a timeless and elegant look. This design looks great in most kitchen designs and can make it a focal point.
The sink is made of 100% fireclay, which is dense and durable. The fireclay is known for its high heat resistance, providing it with exceptional heat insulation performance.
9. KES White Farmhouse Sink 30 Inch Kitchen Apron Front Undermount Sink Single Bowl
- Planished fireclay, no color fading
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Sink is 10.5 inches deep, fits a 30’ ‘ an undermount sink cutout
- Smooth surface is great for cleaning
- Heavy duty construction, made of quality materials
The KES white farmhouse sink is made from a high-quality fireclay material intended for undermount installation.
The sink itself measures 30 inches in length and 28 inches in width, giving it enough room to store plates, glasses, pots, and pans.
KES offers a limited lifetime warranty against defects, as well as a 7-day customer service guarantee which will promptly answer any questions or concerns that you may have. The manufacturer also includes all the tools and hardware needed to install your sink.
10. Fine fixtures Sutton Fireclay sink
- Innovative pedestal design for sink and faucet combo made for seamless convenience.
- Superior craftsmanship with high-grade fireclay material.
- Light weight Fireclay sink provides easy installation saving you time and money.
- Large center drain bowl provides drainage to the central sink for soiled items.
- MSRP is a bit steep.
- Scratches easily.
Our top pick is the Fireclay farmhouse sink from Fine fixtures. Made from high-quality fireclay material, this sink is big on style and will complement your country elegance kitchen. It also comes in five different sizes ranging from 30 inches to 40 inches.
Paired with an elegant faucet from Fine fixtures, it will provide you with a seamless integration to your countertop made from Solid granite, marble stone, and other stone ceramic.
If you are looking for a solid heavy duty farmhouse sink, this is a great choice for you. This is a deep heavy duty sink in a classic pedestal design.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the most durable farmhouse sink?
I found that the most durable farmhouse sinks are made of fireclay. It is a type of clay that is exceptional in its strength. Fireclay is an excellent material to be used as a farmhouse sink because it resists cracking and shattering as well as most other materials that come from the earth. The key to a durable fireclay farmhouse sink is quality, and it is difficult to obtain. This is because fireclay has to be laid down at temperatures that are so low that fireclay is the only material that can withstand it. That is why it is usually difficult to find a quality fireclay farmhouse sink.
What is the best fireclay farmhouse sink?
Your hands will tingle when you touch this beauty. Soft, creamy, smooth, and thick. You’ll want to caress it whenever you have the chance. But you have work to do, and this sink requires a little bit of care.
Do fireclay sinks scratch easily?
Light scratches may occur with normal everyday use but scratches should not be visible. For those that are, you can also use items like sandpaper to remedy the problem.
Make sure that you’re wiping it down after use. This will prevent any grit from getting into those scratches and making them worse. And this applies to both the sink and the rest of the kitchen as well. Remember, an ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure. In this case, it could literally mean the difference between a pretty sink that you can run your fingers across without any issues and a sink that you’d love to take a few rags or a sander to.
Is it glass-like?
What is the best brand of farmhouse sink?
Check Amazon's bestsellers and you'll find these two brands taking the lead.
If you're looking for the best farmhouse sinks on the market, you can trust these two brands to deliver high quality, durable sinks that are built to last.
If you’ve been wondering what the best sink is to add to your remodeling plans, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll provide answers to your most pressing questions when it comes to farmhouse-style sinks, and we’ll discuss our top ten picks for the best material and overall quality. So without further introduction, let’s get right to the 10 best fireclay farmhouse sinks in 2022.