In the summer, the hotter it gets, the higher the ambient temperature could be in your house or apartment as well, with the air conditioning running. This could lead to even more uncomfortable situations like mold or mildew that may be developing on your walls or furnishings in your home.
Many people aren’t sure what the humidity level should be for a comfortable indoor environment. Generally, there isn’t a specified range, but higher humidity levels will lead to higher indoor temperatures.
To help you avoid excessive humidity, I’ve created a list of the 10 best indoor humidity monitors in 2021.
1. ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge
- Humidity levels are displayed in Fahrenheit
- Measuring range: 45-85%
- Comes with a large display
- Comes with a backlight
- The temperature is accurate
- No alarms
- No backlight on the clock
Some features of ThermoPro TP50:
The ThermoPro Thermometer is a high-quality device that can give you both air temperature and relative humidity level readings.
The temperature readings are displayed in both Fahrenheit and Celsius readings – just press the “C”.
2. Habor Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer
- Bigger display
- Very easy to use
- Bigger display
- Customizable readings
- Easy to use
- Large range of temperature and humidity
- Easy to toggle between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Seems to be a bit inaccurate
- Instructions are not very clear
Garden, Nursery Baby Room, Terrarium.
This is the perfect humidity monitor for any family. The Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer, Humidity Gauge Room Thermometer Indoor from Habor is capable of monitoring temperature and humidity in any room of the home, office, greenhouse, nursery, or kitchen. It can also be used to monitor temperature and humidity in a terrarium or bathroom.
This product features a large LCD screen that is able to display both humidity percentage and temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius depending on your preference. It works well for any size room as it can monitor temperatures and humidity levels in a large room of over 150 square feet. Included with this product is a 90-day product warranty.
3. ThermoPro TP55 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Humidity Gauge
- Weather proof
- Backlit screen
- Dual sensor for accurate weather tracking
This digital humidity and temperature monitor is well-made and cost-effective. It’s compatible with iOS as well as Android smartphones.
It’s easy to set up and use with a simple design. You can get different alerts about the room’s environment. This thermometer comes with a large touchscreen and is backlit for easy use at night. The Thermometer’s screen quality is also of high-quality and provides you with very accurate readings.
It’s weather-resistant, so you can place it anywhere you like without worrying about damage. The ThermoPro TP55 digital humidity and temperature monitor is a ideal choice for homes.
4. ThermoPro Indoor Hygrometer Humidity Gauge Indicator Digital Thermometer Room Temperature and Humidity Monitor
- Easy to use and install, even for complete beginners
- Highly accurate, with +/- 2% of the reading
- Offers a lot of flexibility with a large display and a wide range of measurement indicators
- This is the most cheapest version, however, it is also one of the less functional ones
- The touch screen could use some more sensitivity
- Some users have reported that the clock can be unreliable
If you are looking for a basic yet highly functional hygrometer to make sure that you are comfortable in your home or office, then you will find a lot to like about the ThermoPro Indoor Hygrometer. It is one of the cheapest humidity gauges that you will find on the market, but it’s not the least functional. In fact, it’s one of the most flexible in terms of design and can be used in a variety of different places.
This product isn’t as highly rated as some of the other digital monitors, however, you shouldn’t hold that against it. As you will get a functional and accurate reading without spending a lot of money.
5. AcuRite Monitor
- Great way to track your environment when you don’t have a temperature and humidity monitor
- Sleek, professional design
- Slow but not too slow, giving good readings
- Accurate and reliable
- On off switch is a great feature
- Reliable and accurate and last for a long period of time
- Does not have all the bells and whistles of other monitors
- Not the exact temperature
- But the humidity readings are close … within 5 percent
- A bit slow
- Large and clunky
Like many AcuRite products, this one sometimes takes its time when reading the temperature in your room or home.
The AcuRite monitor gives temperature readings like no other, and it gives accurate readings for humidity. Although the AcuRite monitor is not a professional-grade thermometer it will do the job.
The great thing about this thermometer and humidity monitor is that you can basically set it and have it do the monitoring for you. You can place it anywhere outdoors to get the readings for your atmosphere.
6. AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Indoor Thermometer Pre-Calibrated Humidity Gauge
- Accurate humidity readings
- Large, easy to read display
- Calibrated at the factory
- Ability to be mounted on the wall or placed on a flat surface
- The backlit display is visible in the dark
- Easy setup and installation
- The beeping sound is annoying
- The warranty is limited
AcuRite is best known for its weather stations, but it also makes digital humidity monitors, and this tabletop model is one of the most accurate indoor humidity monitors on the market. The AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Indoor Thermometer has a precision of +/- 5% RH and it reads temperatures within a range of 14°F to 140°F.
It displays temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius, humidity in percent or RH, indoor/outdoor temperature and outdoor weather icon, and the current time. It comes with a pre-calibrated sensor and has a non-slip base so it won’t move around too much.
There’s a mount on the rear of this unit, which can be used to mount it on the wall or to place it on a flat surface.
7. Estefanlo Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer
- Attractive design
- Slim cabinet design
- USB powered
- Built-in electronic calendar
- Accuracy of +/- 2%
- Movement reminder
- 2 dial variation
- Large LCD display
- Accurate temperature
- Accurate humidity level
- No backlight
- Not suitable for the elderly
- The clock may not survive a fall
Nursery, Spa, Pet, Cigar Humidor in 2020.
This indoor humidity monitor will help you to prevent health problems caused by dry or moist air. It is suitable for your bedroom, nursery, office, bathroom or greenhouse.
The unit itself comes in a slim cabinet design with black gloss finish and silver details. It is powered by USB that can be connected to a computer or a plug-in adapter. The clock on the panel features dual dials, and an alarm sounds when the hands or the dial corresponds to the movement.
8. Veanic 4-Pack Mini Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit
And Cancer patients.
Organizing meeting with MAN and I got a call from the hospitals. The patients in the waiting list, never ending story.
What does this mean? It means that it was the kick off for terrorist in the waiting list, you should visit the page on the Internet. So I have to admit that it was a good idea.
9. ThermoPro TP65A Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Digital Wireless Hygrometer Temperature
- Can be wall mounted or used free-standing.
- Multiple sensors can be programmed into the device so that if the temperature, humidity or both vary, the sender will alert the device and it will send a text message with the message programmed into the alarm of the TP65A.
- The digital display is large and bright so the temperature can be easily read from across the room.
- The air quality indicator can warn you of poor air quality for a healthier environment.
- According to a few of the reviewers of this product, some of the sensors will not work so you have to make sure you have all the elements you need to get the features to work seamlessly.
- The LCD display can be a bit smaller so the numbers can not be easily seen if the device is placed on the floor.
- A few of the reviewers stated that the beeping noise could be louder and that is why they had to place the device on the desk to hear the alarm.
- Another reviewer stated that the line of sight between the sensors and the device had to be unobstructed for the TP65A to work at its best.
- A few of the reviewers stated that the LCD timer on the TP65A is just too small and that is why they feel it would be best to use the unit as a standalone rather than using the timer to set alarms throughout the day.
Forecast & Alerts.
10. Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Digital Wireless Hygrometer Weather Station Wireless Temperature and Humidity Monitor
/Indoor Thermometer/Thermometer and Hygrometer/Tabletop or Free-Standing Clock/Hourly Alarm and Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer/Digital Wireless Thermometer for Shopping Mall,Office,Household.
This is a great choice for anyone looking for a home weather monitor … all the best technological features in one package. It comes with an indoor thermometer and an outdoor thermometer which allow you to track the temperature indoors and outdoors.
This device also displays both indoor and outdoor humidity monitors which is another plus if you’re looking for a home weather monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is there an app to check indoor humidity?
Generally, indoor humidity monitors measure humidity in the air. Some monitors also have a light and a temperature sensor. The best indoor humidity monitor in 2021 will measure humidity in your home and let you know if there is a problem or if you need to open a window. You can find an app that monitors indoor humidity at the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Some of these monitors can be found on Amazon, eBay and other online retailers.
How do you monitor indoor humidity?
Just as you can monitor the humidity outside, you can track and measure the level of humidity inside your home. For obvious reasons, indoor humidity should be kept as low as is comfortable and possible, particularly during the cold months. Here are some of the most popular ways to track your home humidity levels.
What is the most accurate hygrometer?
It will depend on how you are using it. There are several types of hygrometers.
- Analog hygrometers:
- Digital hygrometers:
- Hygrometer / thermometer combi units:
An analog hygrometer, also referred to as an ÔÇöclock-style' hygrometer, is made up of a geared mechanism and a dial or needle that moves along the face of the dial. This mechanism is moved by the changes in the moisture content of the surrounding air.
Although these devices are less expensive to manufacture, they also tend to be less reliable. Because of the gears and other moving parts, they have a higher potential for malfunction. The mechanism also tends to be very sensitive to temperature, so it is important to keep them away from areas that may have fluctuating or extreme temperatures.
Where is the best place to put a hygrometer?
You can determine the accuracy of the hygrometer by using a relative humidity chart (available from the manufacturer) that comes with the unit. Place it in the environment in question and observe the gauge. Compare the result to the chart. If it is too far off — regarding both humidity accuracy and temperature — stop using it because the readings are not accurate.
Next, consider placement.
Thick gauge or Non-Thick Gauge?
You have a choice when it comes to choosing the gauge your hygrometer will read from. A thick-gauge hygrometer reads humidity from the air directly around it. This prevents outside contamination from affecting the readings. It also prevents the humidity ramping up and down over time.
But it also means the hygrometer itself is more vulnerable and may be subject to more noise pollution.
Humidity is a vital component of comfort in our homes. It can keep family members at ease and also make them feel physically comfortable. It can also affect the quality of air, and as a result, your sanity and health. It might also be responsible for some of the allergies you face.
The good news is that you can now do something about it using smart devices. Humidity monitors can be very useful in ensuring that you maintain a healthy environment.