In today’s article we will be reviewing the Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Cutlery Knife Block Set.
Does the good reputation hold up or not? Let’s find out!
- Very affordable set with high-quality knives
- Sharpens itself whenever you store the knives
- Storage block matches laminate countertops perfectly
- Robust and versatile cutlery set
- Different knives for different purposes
- Exceptional customer service
- Not dishwasher safe
- Some of the knives don’t sharpen as sharp as others
Calphalon's self-sharpening knives are super easy to use and maintain since the ceramic covered sharpening blades automatically sharpen the knife as you use it. The blades on the box left and right are straight edge knives which are super easy to sharpen with the block and it's dead simple to get a sharp knife with no space for error.
The block itself is made out of forged steel, corrosion resistant and includes a lifetime warranty. It is black in color besides the end of the blade slots which are dark red so you always know where your knife is.
There are no serrated edges and it includes 8 inch, 6 inch, 5 inch, 4.5 inch and steak knives. There are 6 steak knives and it says it doesn't include steak knives, but does. I would argue that it is because they have a different way of including steak knives.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: 10 Best Calphalon Knife Sets Reviews in 2022 (Sharp Picks)