In today’s article we will be reviewing the SKG 2LB Automatic Programmable Bread Machine Multifunctional Bread Maker-Silver.
We’ll provide you with all the detailed information you could need. You just need to make your own final decision.
- It makes breads in 3 cycles and a good number of options to choose from
- It is relatively inexpensive
- It does what it says and is not complicated to use
- Zojirushi is a dependable brand
- It is loud
- There is no way to stop a cycle before the end so if you’re not ready it starts up again or if it’s in the middle of a cycle and you’re not there to turn it off it is not easy to turn off
- It does have a choice for gluten-free, but we found the GF breads were a lot denser and more biscuits like and less bread like
It is going to be hard for any bread maker to catch up to the machine from Panasonic, but this one is dead-center on the cheap side of the spectrum. The easy mode makes for quick and easy beginners, and there is no need to pay extra for the fancy modes. I also like the timer setting since many bread machines have no way to tell you when they are done.
One potential downside of this machine is the timer setting is only good for 1 hour. I assume that the reason for this is some bread machines are actually better after cooling, while others are fine as is. I prefer my bread warm, so I would not consider this a deal-breaker.
The manual baking pan is a great feature as well, as it is a low-cost alternative to many other bread maker machines where the container is built into the machine and a replacement is expensive. In addition to the pan, the bread maker also comes with a basic paddle. Both of these accessories are great and worth the money.
This machine really shines for bread making and baking. It is easy to use and does not need any special ingredients to work. There is no need to use the machine for something else like jam-making, which is a nice perk for those of us who like to try out different things on occasion.
If you are looking for a basic bread maker, this is a great choice that has held up well over my year of heavy use.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: 10 Best Gluten-Free Bread Machines Reviews in 2022